Dog Care Tips
Ensuring that your dog is healthy and safe is one way to build good relationships with your dogs. Knowing some dog care tips to help you care for them and give them their needs could also be your way of reciprocating the companionship and joy they have brought into your life.
Below are some dog care tips you may have forgotten to give your dog. Check and find out if you have missed something in the list.
* Teach your dog some tricks. You can also train them to behave properly. These activities can also be fun for both of you. When doing this, don’t forget to always reward your dog for every good job they do.
* Let your dog exercise and play. Walking or playing with your dog is not only a great exercise for you and for your pet, but it is also a good way to bond with them. A frisbee or ball would be great toys for your pets. Just be sure it is too big for them to swallow.
* Bring your dog to a veterinarian for regular check ups.
* Give your pets a good shelter. A doghouse would be good for your dog but do not keep you pet in his doghouse for the rest of his life. Play with him and spend time with him as dogs love to have company around.
* Keep your pet healthy and free him from ticks, fleas and other parasites. Also keep your house free from these parasites especially if you have kids around.
* Do not overfeed your dog. You are definitely putting your his health in danger and you are shortening your pet’s life with overfeeding.
* Have your dog neutered or spayed. Neutering your male dog and spaying your female dog are important dog care tips that you should follow, and are necessary. This will make the male dog less aggressive and spaying a female dog will also allow her to be free from the stress of being in heat and from noisy male dogs following her around. These will also help your pet live a healthier life.
* Watch what they eat. Whether you are giving your pet commercial dog food or some table scraps, make sure you are giving him the right food that gives him the proper nutrition. Also watch out for food that may harm your pet. Chocolates for example have substances that can be toxic to dogs.
* Do not forget to update their vaccination.
* Keep household products that can harm your dog away from their reach. Bleach, mothballs, fabric softeners, mouthwash and many others could be harmful if ingested by dogs. Pits and seeds of fruits can also be harmful to dogs as it can block their digestive tract. Keep all these far from your dog’s food or from their reach for their safety.
* Give your dog a good collar and tag with your home address and telephone number. You surely would want to have your pet returned to you easier when he is lost.
Learning some good dog care tips and taking good care of your dogs will certainly make you more lovable to your pets and a good way to make a healthier and happy relationship with your pets.